Defining Temporary Works: Removable structures without foundation or footings designed with adequate capacity to withstand applicable forces while being easy to construct and dismantle. Typically designed and constructed to meet tight timelines while still meeting all building codes and safety requirements comparable to permanent structures.
We at aDB Engineering are the Engineers of choice for temporary works in Vancouver and now in most cities across Canada. Our innovative team thrives with the fast turn-arounds and unique demands of our clients such as the Fall Protection Designs atop the piers at the Port Mann Bridge and 8’x6’ support beams 45’ in the air above the Sovereign and Metroplace projects in Burnaby, BC. Our team has the great fortune to work on some of the best and most interesting projects in the city, and it is because of this that we are growing and recruiting an Intermediate Structural Engineer.
We are looking for an Intermediate Engineer experienced with temporary works; formwork, falsework, access scaffolding, suspended work platforms, movie set work or demolition/renovation procedures. You boast about your solid Engineering Principles and prowess with AutoCAD.
You are an engineering professional that constantly pushes the boundaries and thinks outside the box. You use standard formulas to produce unique solutions and are looking to work with a team that strives for ingenuity, economy of design and has an uncompromising commitment to safety. Welcome to aDB…
- Communicate directly with the client providing recommendations and ensuring their design needs are met
- Work directly under a Project Supervisor, preparing drawings that meet all project specifications
- Prepare engineering reports
- Prepare structural calculations during drawing preparation in accordance with all applicable and relevant codes, standards and regulations.
- Have a degree in Civil / Structural engineering from a recognized university
- Must be eligible for registration in the province of BC as an EIT or P.Eng.
- Must have minimum 3 years experience in relevant discipline
- Are skilled in technical execution and management of your workload
- Have a strong professional presence and a proven ability to interface with various levels of management
- Have the ability to complete drawings efficiently with AutoCAD 2009 or newer
- Have a working knowledge of computer modeling software (S-Frame, SAP, ETABS, SAFE)
- Are familiar with current industry codes, engineering practices, standards and construction methods.
Interesting and diverse projects, competitive compensation and a custom fit benefits package. Our career growth and development program is tailored to your specific needs. We are centrally located, just minutes away from a Skytrain station. We are committed to your success!
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to by pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in working with us however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.