Defining Temporary Works: Removable structures without foundation or footings designed with adequate capacity to withstand applicable forces while being easy to construct and dismantle. Typically designed and constructed to meet tight timelines while still meeting all building codes and safety requirements comparable to permanent structures.
We at aDB Engineering are the Engineers of choice for temporary works in Vancouver and now in most cities across Canada. Our innovative team thrives with the fast turn-arounds and unique demands of our clients such as the Fall Protection Designs atop the piers at the Port Mann Bridge and 8’x6’ support beams 45’ in the air above the Sovereign and Metroplace projects in Burnaby, BC. Our team has the great fortune to work on some of the best and most interesting projects in the city, and it is because of this that we are growing and recruiting a Senior Structural Engineer.
We are looking for a seasoned Professional Engineer experienced with temporary works such as; formwork, falsework, access scaffolding, suspended work platforms, custom component design and / or demolition/renovation procedures. Experienced in the construction industry, you are comfortable with construction methods and materials.
- Lead and manage projects from bid to final delivery ensuring the clients needs, deliveries and budgets are met
- Work with and manage a multi-disciplinary team that will support your project requirements
- Prepare reports, calculations and ensure drawings meet with all applicable and relevant codes, standards and regulations
- Prepare and stamp designs for temporary works and other items related to structural design
- Produce a Scope of Work and engineering reports which are factual, accurate, and concise.
- Have a degree in Civil / Structural engineering from a recognized university
- Are registered with APEGBC as a P.Eng. who is able to prepare and stamp designs, reports and other items related to structural design
- Must have minimum 2 years experience as a P.Eng. preferably working with Temporary Works but we would welcome applicants with experience in the Construction Industry
- Are skilled in technical execution and management of your workload
- Have a strong professional presence and a proven ability to interface with various levels of management
- Have the ability to complete drawings efficiently with AutoCAD 2009 or newer (as required)
- Have a working knowledge of computer modeling software (S-Frame, SAP, ETABS, SAFE)
- Are familiar with current industry codes, engineering practices, standards and construction methods.
Interesting and diverse projects, competitive compensation and a custom fit benefits package. Our career growth and development program is tailored to your specific needs. We are centrally located, just minutes away from a Skytrain station. We are committed to your success!
How To Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter by pdf file to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in working with us however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.